Welcome to the DIVISION OF FIRE MANAGEMENT, a division of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes' Tribal Forestry Department.
The Division of Fires mission is to enhance the quality of life, promote economic opportunity and to carry out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of the Confederated Salish, Kootenai and Pend d ’Oreille Tribes of the Flathead Indian Reservation. We will accomplish this through the delivery of quality Wildland Fire Management services and by maintaining government to government relationships within the spirit of self-determination.
BURN PERMITS ARE AVAILABLE FROM MAY 1 - JUNE 30 OF EACH YEAR
The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes' Division of Fire require burn Permits on the Flathead Reservation during the months of May and June only. Burn Permits are free and can be issued through this website and are valid from the day it is issued until June 30th.
Once you have obtained your burn permit please do the following before burning:
- Please call Air Quality at 1-800-225-6779 each day you intend to burn.
- Please call Your Local Dispatch (depending on location)
- Lake County Dispatch: 406-883-7301
- Missoula County Dispatch: 406-829-7070
- Sanders County Dispatch: 406-826-3061
- Flathead County Dispatch: 406-758-5260
If you have additional questions please give us a call at CSKT Division of Fire - 406-676-2550